Saturday 9: Dedicated to the One I Love
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Sam, The Creator of Saturday: 9
1) The lyrics include the line, “Love can never be exactly what we what it to be.” Are you happy with your love life?
Love life… do they still exist? I love life, if that’s what you mean, who doesn’t. Oh me, on one of those dark, depressing days. Nah, just joshing with ya. More than happy on that front, thank you very much for asking.
2) Another lyric is, “Each night before you go to bed, whisper a little prayer for me.” Do you say your prayers?
Not in the sense of praying, no. I might chant to myself, ‘please let tomorrow be better‘, or, ‘please don’t let hubbie find out I bought a new piece of software‘. Does that count as praying? And before you ask, no, I’m not a witch despite what hubbie says.
3) Mama Michelle and Papa John were married in real life. It didn’t end well — not for the couple and not for the band. Do you believe you could work successfully with a romantic partner?
I’ve actually been to work with the big guy, mainly because I love travelling in Lorries. Gotta have me some open road now and again. Wait, who am I kidding, open roads in the UK, phft! But as to really working with him, no. It’s nice to have that apart time. And besides, I’m a renowned backseat driver.
4) After the band broke up, Michelle tried her hand at acting and eventually became a regular on the nighttime soap, Knott’s Landing. Of course, she could live off of her music royalties while she learned her new craft. If money was no object, what career would like to try?
Hhm? Maybe an Evil Scientist like in Pinkie and the Brain. Or… maybe even a Super Spy. Hell, why not be both! I could fight myself every day. No wait, I do that all ready, duh. But seriously, are you crazy! Why would anyone want a career! Look out world, here I come, first class all the way.
5) There is a famous rumor — completely false — that Mama Cass died while eating a ham sandwich. Can you think of another urban legend?
Funny you should ask, I do actually. Gene Simmons (the guy from Kiss, just in case you didn’t know) has another persons tongue grafted onto the end of his. Make of that what you will, but I bet he’s popular with the wife, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more. 😉
6) In the 1960s, every high school girl wanted to wear her hair like Michelle and Cass — long and straight. Can you recall a fashion trend from your school days?
High School, middle of the ‘Punk Era‘, yellow hair and bondage trousers (and don’t even make any smutty suggestions), listening to ‘The Sex Pistols‘ and ‘The Clash‘. Happy times.
7) With the Fourth of July falling on Thursday, are you able to enjoy a looooong four-day holiday weekend?
Not relevant to me living in the UK. But hell yeah! I’m on a permanent long weekend.
8) Many communities have parades to celebrate Independence Day. Have you ever ridden on a float or marched in a parade?
Okay, I’m starting to see a pattern here that I can’t partake in. This weekend, however, is our Lord Mayors Procession, lots of floats and marching. But no, I’ve never ridden on a float or marched. Not unless riding on a milk float counts? I’ve done that a few times.
9) In honor of the Fourth of July, name your favorite Founding Father.
Darth Vader? There wouldn’t have been a Luke Skywalker without him (forget the woman, she’s not important). And where did you think all those Storm Troopers came from, huh, they were found under a gooseberry bush?
Sorry, I mean no offence to such an auspicious day. Happy belated 4th July (I’ll, um, go now… shall I?).