Okay, so ketchup sounds like catch-up, and I couldn’t resist.
So, I have a couple of awards I’ve got to sort out. Let alone the one kindly given to me by djmatticus, which I haven’t completed yet (bad toad, bad toad!). Well it’s about time I pulled up my drawers and got on with the tasks in hand.
I’ll warn you now, this post is going to make it into the annals of posts exceeding the required amount of words that deign it readable. What I mean is, it’s going to be bloody long. I won’t blame you if you fail to make it to the end.
Without further ado:
The versatile blogger: part 2
soiwentundercover – this girl is multi talented, how else can you describe versatile. Go on, tell me! Plus, she’s always wanted a versatile blogger award and it would be wrong of me not to grant her wish.
littlewonder2 – is an amazing writer, I love the diversity of the posts. Give them a look.
thejournalfiles – another writer who has a knack for turning a good story into something great. Well I think so anyway.
sixpuns – okay, so they’ve already got this award, but I’m still going to nominate them because I love the blog and it’s gobsmackingly brilliant how they come up with their posts. This is one blog I suggest to take a look at.
blogitorloseit – now, what can I say that does this woman justice. It’s probably better if you go take a look at her blog and decide for yourselves. She is a master of the Haiku.
Right, I’ve come to the decision that 10 blogs is enough for this award. Of course all the ones I follow I’d class as versatile, but I need to keep this as short as I can.
Now for the boring bit: post 7 interesting things about yourself.
- When I was a crawling baby, I fell forward onto a knitting needle that I’d apparently shoved in my mouth and it pierced my throat. I was told it involved a lot of blood.
- I have a weak nose having broken it 3 times. Once when I tripped on the bed cover, once when my hubbie head-butted me (not on purpose, it was my fault for being nosey), and once when an outside sign at work swung back and smacked me in the face.
- I’m left-handed, so that means I use the creative side of my brain. Whoever came up with that notion!
- My birth was predicted by a gypsy (much to my mum’s horror when she gave birth to me at the age of 39).
- I’m the youngest of eight children (okay not interesting, but I’m finding this difficult!).
- I went to watch Norwich City’s pre-season games in Malaysia back in 2004 (Norwich City are a football team).
- I’ve visited Florida 3 times and Cuba 3 times.
A belated call-out to djmatticus over at thematticuskingdom. This young man is a very talented person, and yes I can call him a young man because I’m old enough to be his mother! I love his stories, his Daily Prompt posts but most of all I love, love, love his Q & A Parody Madness, you have to check it out, he’s really quite brilliant. Thank you kind sir for bestowing upon me this award. I will treasure it and clean it daily.
I was also awarded the ‘Very Inspiring Blogger Award’ by jrosenberry1. I thanked her kindly, but as I already have the award I asked her to forward it on to someone else. But thanks so very much for thinking of me.
soiwentundercover nominated me for this award back in January. Yes I know, but I’ve had issues okay. I’m doing it now, aren’t I!
So, where was I, ah yes, soiwentundercover is a stay-at-home-mom (or mum, as we say over here). She writes really good stories, has an occasional rant, like we all do, but she says the nicest things in her comments, so no wonder she received the award in the first place. Please give her a look and say something nice, she really deserves it. Thanks a heapload for nominating me, I’ll take care of the award as though it was my child (now where did I put the damn thing?).
Down to business:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers – really! Well bugger that, I’m only doing… whatever I believe to be the correct number.
- Place the award on the post – done.
- Mention the nominator and leave a link – double done.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself – not sure if I’m supposed to answer the same ones, so I’ll just do that anyway.
The dreaded questions:
1. What is your favorite song?
Don’t really have a favourite, but if I’m supposed to play along, I’ll say… White Wedding by Billy Idol.
2. What was the last thing you ate?
Two digestive biscuits at 5:00a.m this morning (so, I like biscuits).
3. Do you prefer to read from an eReader or a paper copy?
I don’t own an e-reader, so it’s paper all the way for me (but if anyone’s offering…).
4. List your five favorite movies?
Now this is one question I can’t answer, I like too many to pick just five. Okay, I’ll give you one Lord of The Rings, all three of them.
5. What writing project are you working on now?
I’m working on three, you can find them on my blog if you’re interested.
6. Are you allergic to anything?
Aspirin and Anti-inflammatories. Oh, and I thought I was allergic to shellfish for years, until I risked a bite of one and realised I must have just had a dicey prawn when I was younger.
7. Do you have any real life stories that start with, “This one time at camp…”
Nope. We didn’t have camp over here in England, although I believe the concept has taken hold in some areas now.
8. How do you handle telemarketers?
I don’t, because our house phone is never switched on.
9. When was the last time you wrote someone a letter by hand and mailed it?
The last time a wrote a letter was two years ago, it never got posted because I placed it in the coffin with my mum.
10. Besides writing, do you have any other artsy talents?
I have an O’Level in Art, and I have a love of drawing. That’s it.
11. What is your favorite joke?
Can’t answer this one because I’m lousy at remembering jokes. Sorry.
The Nominations are:
elleturner4 – how could I not share this award with one of my very first followers. She an amazing woman, with a brilliant eye for photography and witty anecdotes. She’s also a songwriter, but I have yet to find out any details, but then I also respect her privacy.
lingeringvisions – another one of my early followers and another brilliant photographer and writer.
everydaygurus – kozo, I’m sharing the love. B4Peace deserves every award it can get. **Hugs**
thematticuskingdom – just accept the award for the reason it is intended, and that’s because I value your time and energy in responding to my posts. And how’s the outfit coming along, it’s getting a little nippy without any clothes. 😉
justme – because you deserve as much love as I can offer. Keep your chin up. 🙂
Stuphblog (twindaddy) – yes, I’m giving you another award. Share the love you white-suited, quick-witted storm trooper. 😉 Oh, and a masterful writer as well.
That’s it for that award. You never know, I may comply with the rules one day and sneak up on you with a nomination.
And Lastly (I think?):
http://thematticuskingdom.wordpress.com/2013/02/11/lovely-and-inspiring/ Sir djmatticus took upon himself to nominate me for this award. I can’t say my blog looks lovely, as I have a tendency to keep changing the damn thing. Perhaps he meant my actual posts? Again, not lovely, but I’ll accept his decision because he is a fellow Superhero and my (self-appointed) sidekick. What can I say but thank you, I honestly can’t believe you have awarded me two of these awards! High praise indeed. As before, I will accept it in a honourly fashion, on bended knee. Now everyone, go take a look at this http://thematticuskingdom.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/rising-from-the-ashes/ and let him know how awesome he is.
Another 7 things you’re dying to know:
- I have a tattoo on my left leg.
- I love to eat peanut puffs (I’m using them to get over my addiction to Peanut Butter).
- Cake is my most favourite food group.
- I have a fascination for old plates and dishes (collecting them, I mean).
- I could use the letters SQP after my name. I’ll leave it up to you to work that one out.
- You’ll find candles everywhere in my house.
- Multi-tasking is a swear word in the Neeve household. Sorry ladies, but I’m woman enough to own up to the fact.
And the last nominations are:
rarasaur – who truly has a lovely blog (you have to love that dinosaur), plus I don’t think she has this one yet.
ExperimentalFiction – okay, so I’m not even sure if Simon accepts awards because I can’t find any on his blog. But what the hell, I love his writing and poetry and in my eyes, that is a deserving trait for this award.
hastywords – again, I’m not sure if this wonderful woman accepts awards, but if you’ve had the pleasure of reading her magnificent poetry, then you’d understand why. If you haven’t, then I suggest you do.
Well, I’m done now. You can accept these awards in the manner of which I’ve awarded them, or you can completely chose to ignore them. That dear nominees, is your rightful decision. But please know I didn’t just pick your names out of a hat, a lot of thinking went in to this process. Thought you should know that.
Oh, and there’s probably loads of missing words, spelling mistakes and punctuation issues, but give me a break, this hasn’t been easy. As to the formatting, well, it refused to play nicely.