Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Aida
1) Have you ever been to the opera?
No I haven’t, but I’ve tried countless times to convince hubbie to take me. And I couldn’t go on my own, I’m far too shy to be seen in public without a chaperone.
2) Maria Callas was often called a “diva.” Is that a compliment or a criticism?
Definitely a compliment. Heck, if someone called me a Diva, I’d shake their hand. It takes skill to recognise talent, after all. 😉
Erm, gelato. Come on, everyone loves icecream! Oo, and wine, can’t forget wine. Then there’s pasta, although I’m sure the chinese invented the noodle first? Maybe wrong. And roads, where would we be without roads!
4) Verdi was Italian and Callas was Greek. Would you rather vacation in Italy or Greece?
I’ve been to Greece, so I’d have to say Italy, but only because I’d love to see Rome, and eat the gelato of course.
5) The Marx Bros. starred in A Night at the Opera. What’s the funniest movie you have ever seen?
Okay, not to everyone’s taste, but Blazing Saddles has me rolling on the floor. Farting humour is so damn funny.
6) What’s for dinner tonight?
You’re expecting me to cook… and on a Saturday…
7) Are you wearing any jewelry right now?
My wedding and eternity rings. All the body piercings have been momentarily removed. Nah, only joking, I’m terrified of needles, and don’t get me going on pain.
8) Sam Winters has a scratchy throat and watery eyes. How do you treat the common cold?
Ah, I hope you feel better soon. As to treatment, I never take anything, just plenty of fresh air seems to help.
9) Do you need your glasses (or contacts) when you drive?
Glasses, you’d never catch me trying to shove foreign objects in my eyes, are you crazy! Vanity, I say.
Some fellow Saturday 9er’s:
|3.||Smellyann Strikes Again||4.||Vie la Vie|
|5.||Kelly @ Dysfunctionally Functional|