I need to say something before I continue with the proceedings. A huge thank you to Apprentice, never Master. For without her, I would never have received this award. She is one of the most talented writers I have the pleasure of reading, and I suggest you take the time to go see for yourselves. Oh, and by the way, thanks for the lovely lurker tag. 😉
Here are my nominations:
- elleturner4.wordpress.com – How could I not nominate the person that takes the time to comment on just about every post I’ve written. That would be downright rude of me! And she says the nicest of things to brighten my day, too. Massive thank you.
- lingeringvisions.wordpress.com – Another one of my BlogFestivus travel companions, when she says something, you now she means it. Thank you.
- jrosenberry1.wordpress.com – She may not always comment, but she takes the time to like, and for that, I say a big thank you.
- stuphblog.wordpress.com – Okay, so he may not even accept this award, but I’m nominating him anyway. One person that truly makes me laugh with his comments, and believe me, you should give him a look. But hey, big thanks twindaddy.
- terry1954.wordpress.com – Now here’s a lady I’ve only just got the pleasure to know. And since following each other, she finds the time to comment with the nicest of things. Thank you.
- theseeker57.wordpress.com – A fellow sufferer but with one of the brightest outlooks I know, thank you for taking the time to connect.
So, there are my nominations. There were, of course, others I would loved to have nominated, djmatticuss being one of them, but I know he doesn’t accept awards. I’m still thanking him though. Now it’s time for following the rules.
The Reader Appreciation Award Rules:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you. Check.
2. Attach the icon to your site. Check.
3. Answer the attached questions. Okay, I’m getting to that.
4. Nominate 6 bloggers who you feel deserve this award. Double check.
The question and answer piece.
1. What is your favorite color?
Green. I love all shades. Purple and aqua blue are a close second and third.
2. What is your favorite animal?
Tigers. Any cat really. I love them.
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
Tea, hands down. Followed by zero coke. Yes I know, it has those nasty sweeteners in it!
4. What is your favorite number?
Three. Then thirteen (it’s never been unlucky for me).
5. What is your favorite day of the week?
I don’t have one. They’re all the same to me.
6. What is your favorite flower?
A yellow rose, because that was my dad’s favourite. Then lilies, I love their scent.
7. What is your passion?
That’s a tough one, but I’d have to say out of the few that I have, writing, because it consumes my life.
8. Do you watch television?
I love to watch films and catch up with the shows I’ve recorded, so yes, I do watch TV. Apart from a book, it’s a great form of escapism, plus you can pick up some good ideas.
9. Who is your favorite author?
I can’t say, there are too many to pick one particular favourite. Plus it wouldn’t be fair.
10. Do you like 80′s movies?
I like all movies, but I couldn’t give you title of one from the eighties, I’m crap at remembering titles.
11. How do you like your eggs?
Poached. Preferably on a muffin (english muffin, of course) on top of a nice piece of ham and smothered in hollandaise sauce. Yum!
12. When did you discover blogging?
I did actually attempt blogging a few years back, but I never had the stamina to keep it going. It wasn’t until this past December that I made a commitment to write a post a day for a year, so now I know I have to make it happen. Besides, I wasn’t in a good place back then.
13. Why do you like to blog?
Mainly for the reason above. Also I can write whatever I’m feeling or thinking and it isn’t painfully awkward. Because I’m quite the shy, retiring type. You see, I don’t find normal conversation easy, but I do find the concept of blogging a far better way of connecting with people. And I must say, you’re damn good people!
Well that’s me finished. Oh, I’ve just now realised there were 13 questions. See, I told you it wasn’t unlucky for me. Now go ahead and accept your awards. Or not, if you don’t want to, it’s your choice.
This is not just an add-on!
Okay. I know the rules say six nominees, but damn it, these were one set of rules that needed breaking! If it means I lose the award, then so be it. I couldn’t let this one go. So I’m also nominating hopethehappyhugger.wordpress.com– she is such a beautiful person and deserves to be standing side-by-side with the others.
I feel no shame in breaking these rules, so do with me what you will. Throw me to the lions, place me in stocks, send me to Coventry (if you know what that means), but I stand by my decision with honour and integrity (just don’t put me in a vat filled with spiders, please and thank you).