Terry (a very humble and worthwhile candidate), over at terry1954.wordpress.com did me the greatest honour tonight and nominated me for this award. ‘Surely not me?’ I thought, ‘she must have added the wrong person?’ But no, there on her blog, I found my name.
I can say quite honestly, it came as quite a shock, I mean, how could I be inspiring to others, when I can hardly inspire myself most days. Not only that, as most of you know, I’ve only been part of the WordPress community for four weeks. But to be truthful, they have been four weeks of pleasure (when my laptop worked, that is). And before I get on with the ceremonies, I would also like to say thank you to all the people who have taken the time to either, visit, like, comment or follow my blog, it has been a very humbling but, uplifting experience, and I hope I can live up to the award.
Terry’s reply to the nomination:
As for me, there is not much to tell, since I am an open book. I can tell you that I look at my life with a brighter light today than two days ago.
It is odd that I can be inspiring to others when I have been battling my own demons inside of me. I have to admit through very hard work and the I AM THINKING OF MYSELF FOR ONCE I have begun to make changes in my life that are positive.
Taking care of my brother continues to inspire me. I will walk his journey through Parkinson’s Disease with him. Hopefully he will never feel alone. God inspires me, my friends here at WP and Facebook inspire me. So many of you have learned much more about me than I knew about myself. You have taught me to look at life from a different angle. You have shown me it is alright to think of me first once in a while. Thank-you to all who care.
Well, I suppose its my turn. For those of you who haven’t read my about page, I’ll use seven of the ‘About Me’ sentences.
- Scatty – I’m always losing something or other.
- Loyal – give me a reason to like you and you’ve got a friend forever.
- Honest – I can’t abide dishonesty, it’s a pet hate of mine.
- Dizzy – I actually mean dizzy, I suffer from Vertigo and Meniere’s Disease.
- Hermit – I’ve been trying this out for a couple of years, albeit on a part-time basis.
- Believer – in all things paranormal, that there’s more to life than pain and suffering, that one day I will achieve something worthwhile. Woo-hoo! I’ve finally achieved something worthwhile!
- Lover – of tea, my family, my cat, the written word, sunrises and sunsets, imagination.
I’m a woman of few words when it comes to talking about myself, so I hope the answers are worthy enough.
My nominations are:
elleturner4.wordpress.com – her photos are inspirational, and she makes me laugh.
johncoyote.wordpress.com – poetry to stir the soul.
hopethehappyhugger.wordpress.com – for being such an honest and lovely person.
lingeringvisions.wordpress.com – for her amazing photos and stories.
stevebetz.wordpress.com – an amazing writer.
- The rules are to say seven things about yourself.
- Place the award on your post.
- Link back to the one who nominated you.
- Nominate as many others as you wish.
Pay it forward people, and thank you again Terry, for the nomination.