Is it really Saturday already? My, how this week has flown.
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Day 20. Saturday 9: Same Old Lang Syne
1) This week’s song is the tale of an accidental holiday encounter between former lovers. (Hear it here.) They sit in her car and spend hours catching up, then she gives him a chaste kiss and they never see one another again. Is there a past love who still has a special spot in your heart, despite the years or the miles since your relationship?
What a crazy question! Definitely not (well, I’m not about to admit anything on here, now am I!).
2) This week’s song includes a play on the traditional Scottish song, “Auld Lang Syne.” Have you ever visited Scotland?
Many times. It’s such a beautiful country. In fact, we’re going there next year and taking the mother-in-law (please, no gags, I love my second mum).
3) Mother Winters has long told Sam that if she has a glass of water for every glass of champagne she drinks on New Year‘s Eve, she’ll feel better on New Year’s Day. Do you have a favorite hangover prevention tip or cure?
Well, over here, it’s the hearty full English breakfast. Can’t beat it.
4) Do you like champagne?
To be honest, I hate the stuff. Much prefer a sweet glass of Asti, loads better. Can’t be doing with that dry tongue effect you get with Champagne.
5) This year at midnight, Crazy Sam will kiss the nose of her puppy, Chico. Will you be kissing anyone when the clock strikes 12?
Midnight! I’ll be asleep long before then. But whatever lucky devil is in my dreams when the clock strikes twelve, is in for one hell of a surprise!
6) The Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy was the runaway publishing phenomenon of 2012. It was so successful that the publisher, Random House, was able to give its employees massive bonuses this year. Have you read it?
Erm, nope, and I don’t intend to. Massive clap for the employees, though.
7) Year-end is a time for newspapers, magazines and websites to run lists. According to Askmen.com, Jennifer Lawrence of The Hunger Games is the at the of the year’s “Most Desirable Woman” list. People magazine has declared Channing Tatum “The Sexiest Man Alive — 2012.” Do either of these two set your pulse racing? If not, who is your celebrity crush?
Well, being a woman myself and the fact that Jennifer Lawrence is but a mere slip of a girl, I don’t think that’s appropriate, but hey, whatever floats your boat! Channing Tatum is okay I suppose. But out of the endless list of yummy men, I have to stick with Hugh Jackman, preferably on a cold winters night, tucked away in a log cabin for a few days. Okay, weeks.
8) Pasadena, California, is known for hosting the traditional Rose Parade. It begins at 8:00 AM on January 1, so the people who watch it live must be there very early. Does the thought of getting up and dressed to sit in the California sun, bright and early on New Year’s morning appeal, to you?
I applaud them for hosting such an event. However, although I’m an early riser, I wouldn’t want to stand around watching a parade in the sun. Especially if you have to wear bright clothing (give me autumnal colours all the time).
9) Sometimes aches and pains that aren’t serious can still really hurt. For example, Sam just dropped a can of tomato paste on her foot and the little red mark it left is making her crazy! Are you suffering through a bump or bruise or cut right now?
Actually I am, funny enough, not that it’s unusual for me. Last night I smacked my middle finger on my left hand against one of the kitchen cupboard handles. I can still feel the little bump there now. Woe is me.
Well, that’s the last Saturday: 9 for 2012. Although this is only my fourth post, I’ve enjoyed the experience, so a massive thank you to Sam Winters for allowing me to tag along. Happy New Year to you, I do hope you’ll allow me to continue in 2013.