Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Day 16. SATURDAY 9: HAPPY HOLIDAYS
1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick’s lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether — either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn’t celebrate Christmas?
Oh no, I loved the annual visit to see Santa and always sat on his knee.
2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
Oo, good one! I’d say I’m probably sitting in the margin between both. I don’t think I’ve been particularly naughty. Would trolley rage count against me? And I haven’t done anything this year that would count as angelic, either. I suppose I’ll have to wait and see what Santa leaves for me.
3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?
No, all my family live local. Handy 🙂
4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?
Buy myself a gift! Are you crazy! Although… that sewing machine did look all new and shiny.
5. What’s your favorite holiday-themed movie?
The Muppet Christmas Carol. It’s one of the Christmas movies that still make me laugh… ‘light the lamp not the rat!‘ But if I’m being all serious like, Miracle on 34th Street (the original one, mind you).
6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?
Most definitely not, and I don’t think I ever will. Christmas Day is hectic enough without finding time to go to the movies. Couldn’t miss out on all that festive food, either.
7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?
No, I was always a paragon of virtue. Drunk a lot of alcohol, sung out of tune at the top of my voice and danced on the chairs. But no, nothing embarrassing.
8. What’s your favorite beverage in cold weather?
Hot Chocolate all the way, baby.
9. What will you remember most about 2012?
Sorry? I’ve forgotten the question. Kidding. What will I remember most… the world didn’t end on the 21st December. Damn, now I’ve got to finish that book!