Time for Saturday: 9 again! A brilliant meme devised by Sam Winters. Here, I’ll let her explain.
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Day 10. Saturday 9: Christmas Carols
1) What’s the first holiday song that comes to mind?
I believe in Father Christmas by Greg Lake. To me, the best song ever written for Christmas.
2) Are you sending cards (either by postal service or email) this year? If so, have they gone out yet?
I usually send out cards, but this year… I um… well, I’ve forgotten to write them. Not that it matters, I haven’t received any yet, either. Is that sad?
3) Can you see any holiday decorations from where you’re answering these questions?
Oh yes! As I sit at the kitchen table, I can see the purple decorations in front of me (my kitchen’s deep purple and coffee coloured, just thought I’d let you know) and to my left, coloured fairy lights festoon the cabinets.
4) Do you wrap gifts in paper or take the gift bag route?
Both. If I’m feeling lazy or frazzled I take the easy option. Otherwise, I’ll take the time-consuming route and wrap them, cursing profanities at the sellotape because it won’t go where I want it to. I must invest in one of those sticky tape gadgets?
5) The holidays are an important fundraising time for charities. Here’s an opportunity to do a shameless plug for your favorite. What organization or cause do you wish got more support at the holidays, and all year around?
To be honest — and I’m probably going to get hung again — I don’t promote charities. Shameful I know. My husband and I pledge a certain amount of money each month to a local charity, so it’s not like I don’t care or anything. But with so much crappy things going on in the world today, I wouldn’t know where to start anyway!
6) Andy Williams was famous for his family holiday specials. What TV family would most like to spend Christmas with?
Was he the one who use to wear those atrocious jumpers? Or was that Val Doonican? Jeez, I’m showing my age! As to the family I’d like to spend Christmas with… well my own. They’re crazy, loud and funny enough to brighten the day. And they fall sleep in the afternoon!
7) The holidays are a big time for travel. Where did you go on your first airplane flight?
America. Which was a 91/2 hour flight. Mind you, I did sleep most of the way, until I smelt the food (yes, I actually like the food)!
8) Does the weather have an impact on your mood?
Oh no, I prefer the colder weather, as long as it’s not raining. I gave Summer the old heave-ho around three years ago. Can’t be doing with all that sweating and perspiring malarkey!
9) Snack time! You’re about to make yourself your favorite sandwich. What ingredients do you need?
Oh, is it really? Why didn’t someone tell me earlier! Okay, favourite sandwich. First, take two, doorstep-slices of bread. Butter both slices (yes butter, none of that margarine crap). Take some good english mustard and slather one slice, and then place a copious amount of freshly carved ham on top. Simple, but delicious. Damn it! Now I need something to eat.