Courtesy of wikia.com (click photo for link).
Day 8. A writer once said, “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” If this is true, which five people would you like to spend your time with?
Oh what a solitary existence I lead. If I were to err on the side of average, my circle would consist of my husband, my son, his girlfriend, a snoring cat and myself (which I spend most of the time with, I’m sad to say). Although I love them dearly, I’m going with a fictitious list to brighten my evening. And I don’t care if some of them aren’t alive anymore, either.
The five people who I’d invite to dinner and never let them leave, are:
- J.R.R. Tolkien – A genius of mastery and fantasy. How could I not invite him.
- A.E. Housman – Whose poetry I love. Tell me not here, it needs not saying. My all-time favourite.
- Ella Fitzgerald – A beautiful voice I could listen to every day.
- The Hairy Bikers – 2 for 1 deal. Have to have someone who can cook because, perfect hostess and all that. Plus I love their humour.
- Hugh Jackman – Every dinner party has to have some eye-candy. And of course, he’ll be wearing his x-men outfit.