Courtesy of True/Slant (click photo for link).
Day 7. Put together a musical playlist of songs that describe your life, including what you hope your future entails.
I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to do this one, putting soundtracks to your life just doesn’t sit right somehow. But, I made a promise to myself that I would do a post a day for a year. So, here’s my interpretation of a mix tape.
I chose this selection because although I didn’t have a bad life growing up, it still wasn’t the best. I think my depression started at a young age.
- Simon and Garfunkel – Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Simon and Garfunkel – Sound of Silence
- James Morrison – This Boy
This period of my life proved the darkest. City and Colours Against the Grain, sums up how I felt during that time.
- The Pretenders – I’ll Stand by You
- City and Colour – Against the Grain
- Duffy – Begging You for Mercy
The Here and Now:
These are a hodge-podge of sadness and joy, reflecting my everyday existence on this planet. I could make the list endless, but I won’t. You can see by the list, however, I’m obsessed with The Paper Kites!
- Nickleback – Good Times Gone
- Adele – Make You Feel My Love
- One Republic – Stop and Stare
- The Paper Kites – Featherstone
- The Paper Kites – Bloom
- The Paper Kites – Drifting
- David Jordan – Sun Goes Down (I love this crazy song!)
As to the future, well, who knows what songs I would pick. I live one day at a time, and like a river, my mood will ebb and flow with the tide.