Day 4. Blue Christmas
So, what if I did stray off the WordPress Daily Prompt Path!
I came upon this site through another blog I follow. I thought, give it a look, what harm could it do. And boy, I liked it. Feeling a little rebellious, I joined (still waiting for the sharpshooter to find me), because I wanted to answer the nine questions every Saturday, it seems a fun thing to do.
But before I continue, I must say thank you to Addy for having it on his blog. So, if you wish to continue…
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
1) Do you ever suffer the blues during the holidays?
I’d be lying if I said I didn’t. Who hasn’t. No, tell me, because I think a see a few overextended noses out there. Okay, I’ll let it go. However, I’ve had my fair share of crappy times around the Christmas period, but I don’t want to bore people with my troubles. So next…
2) More than 18 million visitors have toured Elvis’ home, Graceland. Have you ever been there?
Erm, NO! And I don’t think I want to, either. Some of you may be tying a knot in the noose right about now, but hey, I can’t help it!
3) Elvis dyed his naturally light brown locks black. Do you dye your hair?
Of course, I’m a woman! My natural hair colour in the past was blonde. But I prefer dark-brown now (although its harder to hide the grey).
4) He also insisted his young girlfriend, Priscilla, dye her hair jet black. If your lover asked you to change your hair, would you?
He wouldn’t even think of asking, not if he wants to sing soprano! So no.
5) Elvis served his country at an Army base in Friedberg, Germany. Have you ever been to Germany?
6) Elvis famously had an affair with Ann-Margret during the filming of Viva Las Vegas. Have you ever indulged in a dalliance with a coworker?
Eww! I most definitely wouldn’t (or haven’t). But I have been the gossip of a few untruthful accusations, though.
7) Thinking of his movies … Elvis was, by and large, unhappy with his film career and once said, “The only thing worse than watching a bad movie is being in one.” Are you happy with the way your career is going/has gone?
As to the past, well, I’ve tried my hand at a lot of things, but the only one I could call a career, was working as a Manager for a well-known pet supplies company in England. Until that ended because of ill-health. So in a way, I suppose… yes.
8) Elvis lost “the battle of the bulge” toward end of his life. Are you happy with your weight?
Again, I’m a woman! Of course I’m never happy! Its our god-given-right to moan about everything! Ask my husband. Hang on a minute, do you know something I don’t? Bugger, I knew I shouldn’t have written my obituary yesterday.
But I have to say (fella’s, avert your attention. No, no peeking) I’m forever grateful that I’m a mum because I have boobs, which before pregnancy never ventured past the fried-egg stage. And even though the rest of my body has forgotten that gravity exists, my boobs stay ever-present.
9) As a teenager, Elvis worked as an usher at a movie theater. What was your first job?
I loved my first job. I was a window dresser for a large company in England. Shame it came to an end.
Oh, we’ve reached the end already?
Well thanks to those of you who gritted it out to the bitter end. But get use to it, Saturday 9 will be my favoured post for Saturday’s now on.
Have a great weekend everyone. Never fear though (no, I insist), you’ve got me again tomorrow.